Has a stranger ever randomly connected with you over food? Think back to all your favourite meals, we bet they all involved great food and the people who matter most. What if we could make that once-in-a-lifetime meal happen every week? Or every day?
That’s what Dyne does best! And today, we want to show you how we do just that.
This is the first of a 5 part series on how Dyne helps you connect with friends old and new, discover the best hidden gems and events in the city, get rewarded with coupons and gift cards, and how we help you create communities based on your interests. The topics are as follows:
- (This one!) The people on Dyne: your guide to re-finding your friends
- Your first connection! Reconnect with an old friend and make both your stomachs and wallets happy!
- Hidden Gems and the race to find them: Discover quests and challenges in your city and compete for the grand prize!
- Dyne Nights! The only place to find the best events at the best prices
- Your own pocket-sized yacht club?! How Dyne lets you discover new communities full of people like you!
How to find your friends on Dyne and what to do when you find them
Dyne is a social media platform that wants to help connect you with your friends and find new ones – while avoiding the toxicity and insincerity of the big giants. To help with that, we are launching a new feature called Motives!
What is a motive you may ask? It’s a grouping of similar interests, i.e. the great outdoors or fitness enthusiasts.
What do motives do? Motives are an easy way to get started instantly on Dyne and connect with communities of people just like you! When two people share the same motives, they can access motive-exclusive events, chats, and quests. All you have to do is enter your interests and Dyne takes care of the rest!
You can see a full demo in the video here, but we also walk you through it in the next paragraph just in case!
Here’s how it works: Create an account on Dyne and enter your interests. You will then be shown a catered selection of motives that may peak your interest, after selecting one, you will see four options: “People”, “Quests”, “Chat”, and “Events”. This article will focus on “People”, where you can find other Dyners and foodies who have similar interests to you. You will see a bunch of people in your city who share your interests – it’s like finding out about a long lost relative! Once you add them as a friend you will have the opportunity to meetup or just start chatting. Both of these will be topics of other articles, but simply put, meetups let you connect with someone over food in just 5 clicks with personalised restaurant recommendations, the best deals in the city, and automatic reservations. Chats help make this process easier by letting you get to know the person and coordinate your plans effortlessly. By finding friends through Dyne motives, you can see which of your existing friends are most interested in what you love, while also discovering all the most interesting people in your city!
Tips for using Dyne to stay connected with your friends
We do our best to make FOMO a thing of the past, and reduce the social pressures of trying to plan an outing. But of course, everyone knows that staying connected with your friends can be difficult. You might not be able to see them as often as you’d like, and when you do get together, you might not have much to talk about. But there’s one surefire way to stay connected with your friends: using Dyne. Here are some tips on how to make the most of your Dyne experience:
- As with every social network, the community gets out what they put in, so don’t be afraid to say hi and create meetups! This isn’t a dating app unless you want it to be, and our users have noticed that it feels less like a DM slide and more genuine through Dyne.
- The more friends you take on meetups, the better the deals and discounts that you can unlock!
- Furthermore, as you find more friends through Dyne, you will begin completing quests that reward you with our in-app currency, Dyne Bucks (DB), that you can use to redeem for exclusive coupons and gift cards. Everything about quests will be explained in part 3 of this series
The benefits of using Dyne
Now at this point, you may be thinking, “but I already have friends IRL, why would I want to use Dyne for this?”. We hear this all the time, and there’s a bunch of reasons. Firstly, we know that maintaining a friend circle is a full time job, especially as people have diverging schedules, interests, and personal lives. Dyne simplifies that through our Motive feature that lets you see exactly what will wake up your dormant group chats. Dyne’s own group chats even recommend things to do based on the interests of the whole group and at the time when most people are usually free. On top of this, you get a bunch of DB rewards on Dyne every time you complete a meetup, quest, and on every day you open the app. This means you can start redeeming exclusive coupons and gift cards sooner, and discover how it’s possible to have multiple nights out every month or even every week on a budget. Lastly, Dyne helps you connect with new friends, not just old ones. While other apps might show you mutuals or let you add your contacts to the app, we do this and more with our Motives and personalised recommendations. Now you can smoothly and safely meet new people without having to worry about anything!
A word about safety and privacy
One of the most important, if not the most important thing we care about at Dyne is our users safety and privacy. You can rest assured that all users on Dyne are verified by the community, with our moderators validating accounts for realness and background checks. Many of the features on Dyne are reserved for those who build the strongest communities, and active users are always the best to interact with since they have been validated by the people they have interacted with as well as their all their motive communities. One of the easiest ways to see if the person you are meeting is real is to check if they have integrated their instagram account to Dyne, where you will be able to see their most recent photos and verify that they are not a bot or malicious person. But of course, in case you find a creepy person or a clingy ex on Dyne, you can easily block or report them to remove them from view and bring it to the attention of our content moderators, who will ban users with multiple reports.
In terms of privacy, your data is not shared with anyone, and is only used to cater and personalise your in app experience and that of all the other people on the platform. We are not, and will never, sell your information to advertisers like other social networks. It’s that simple.
How to make the most of your friendships on Dyne
Dyne is a great place to meet new friends and deepen existing friendships. Here are some tips for making the most of your friendships on Dyne:
- Make time to connect with friends regularly. Whether you’re catching up over a meetup, going on quests and adventures together, or just sending each other funny memes, take the time to stay in touch with your friends.
- Do things together. Friendships are strengthened when we have shared experiences. Plan meetups where you can do things together based on your motives or choose from our selection of motive-based events and quests. The more you use Dyne, the better the recommendations get!
- Be supportive. Friendships are built on trust and mutual support. If your friend is going through a tough time, be there for them. Listen to them, comfort them, and let them know they’re not alone. We at Dyne truly want to see our app as one big community, and a community stands up for and supports every one of its members.
By following these tips, you can make sure that your friendships on Dyne are strong and everlasting.
In short, Dyne is a great way to stay connected with your friends and make new ones. With just a few quick steps, you can be up and running on the app, finding people who share your interests and staying in touch with them easily. We hope you enjoy using Dyne as much as we enjoyed making it! If you have any questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us through our website or social media pages. We can’t wait to see what amazing things you all do together on Dyne!